Friday, May 13, 2011

Ashton Kutcher Confirms Two and a Half Men Gig, But Insists 'I Can't Replace Charlie Sheen'


CBS is officially confirming that Ashton Kutcher has finalized a deal to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men — a suggestion that was first proposed on this site three months ago.
Sure he was one of a half-dozen names we floated, but we still deserve props, dammit!
The Kutcher news comes two days after Deadline.com reported that Hugh Grant rejected a lucrative offer to join CBS’ No. 1 sitcom.
“I can’t wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers’ homes,” said Kutcher in a statement. “I can’t replace Charlie Sheen but I’m going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!”
We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family,” enthused Men creator Chuck Lorre. “Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together.  If I was any happier, it’d be illegal.”
This marks Kutcher’s first series gig since That ’70s Show went off the air in 2006. Details regarding his Men character have not been disclosed. Chances are CBS is holding that piece of news until upfront day on May 18.
No comment yet from Sheen’s camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment